Anonymous sent: scREAM YOU'RE BACK
Anonymous sent: I MISS U SO MUCH PLS POSTPOSTPOST I WANT U BACK BBY
THE WINTER CUP IS COMING. STAY STRONG, DEAR ANON.
Anonymous sent: Your icon...
idk wat u guys are talking about dis is a beautifully rendered series
I’m back! Here’s a little something to celebrate. I did this for Magi's seiyuu and it was so much fun, I figured I’d do it for KnB too.
THIS IS A LONG POST. So long. This is a horrifically long post. This is literally everyone in the anime, so click Read More with great conviction, forewarned about what you’re getting yourself into.
- SEIRIN -
TETSUYA KUROKO (Kensho Ono)
- Tarou Komori (Ghost Hound), Ren Hakuryuu (Magi), Shinichi (Koi☆Sento), Jun Tendou (Onigamiden)
TAIGA KAGAMI (Yuuki Ono)
- Kaname Tsukahara (Kimi to Boku), Tomio (Tonari no Kabutsu-Kun ~ announced, not yet shown), Shigeshige Tokugawa (Gintama), Zenkichi Hitoyoshi (Medaka Box), Kazuichi Arai (Kimi ni Todoke)
JUNPEI HYUUGA (Yoshimasa Hosoya)
- Nezumi (No. 6), Sentarou Kuwabuchi (Kids on the Slope), Shiraishi Kuranosuke (Prince of Tennis), Shichika Yasuri (Katanagatari), Arata Wataya (Chihayafuru), Yukitaka Tsutsui (Level E), and he’s also dubbed Taylor Lautner in everything.
Hey! Here’s all the differences between the anime and manga, and all the things the anime only briefly mentions that are actually important and interesting. I realize not everyone has time to/wants to read the manga, but that doesn’t mean you should miss out. Maybe you’ll enjoy this even if you have read it.
Naturally, there will be spoilers, but only up through the end of the first season/chapter 73.
VOLUME 1 - Episodes 1 - 3 (Kuroko and Kagami join the team, practice match against Kaijou)
- Seirin High is only a year old. That means the second years are the oldest in the school, and Seirin’s players are much younger overall than those on the teams they play against.
- That also means that last year, Seirin made it to the finals with a team of all freshmen, up against teams of players two and three years older.
- Kuroko’s Misdirection gets explained a little better: he observes where everyone is on the court. Before the ball gets passed to him, he stands where it will make it seem like the ball is being passed to someone other than himself. So in addition to being hard to notice, he makes the opponent focus on someone else.
- Riko mentions that Hyuuga was the one who asked her to be the coach. (This is clarified in later chapters.)
- The writing Kuroko leaves on the quad says “We will be the best in Japan" in the anime. In the manga it says "I will make you the best in Japan.”
- Because the team got banned from screaming from the rooftop, Riko makes the rest of the freshman yell by the front doors of the school. For this reason, 10 of the 15 freshman recruits quit the team. Oh, Riko.
- General notes…
- In many of their exchanges, Kagami has Midorima levels of tsundere-ness toward Kuroko. Like, Kuroko: “I’ll make you and our team the best in Japan.” Kagami: “Idiot! Always saying embarrassing stuff. Whatever, as long as I beat the GoM.” -pause- -pushes over plate of hamburgers- “Here.”
- Occasionally the team will lose Kuroko during practice even though he’s right there. It’s really tragic to watch Hyuuga calling for him.
the submission box approves
I was wondering what they would look like as girls, and it was all going great until I got to Akashi:
BTW, I am so done with seeing photo-shopped KnB heads on my dash. Here, have some transparent faces to mess with instead.
Because the fandom needs something to distract it from photo-shopping heads on inanimate objects.
- Most of the team is named after days of the week. Sunday through Saturday: Hyūga (日), Izuki (月), Kagami (火), Mitobe (水), Kiyoshi (木), Koganei (金), and Tsuchida (土).
- Seirin is the only team without a blond. (However, that wasn’t always the case.)
- The school is brand new, so it’s facilities are very nice!
- Born January 31st (Aquarius), blood-type A. Ranked 1st in all character polls. His best subjects are humanities, but his grades are average.
- His name includes the word for black (kuro), and Kuroko is the word used for stagehand puppeteers who dress in all black.
- His favorite food is vanilla milkshakes. His hobbies are reading classics and watching people. His motto is “treasure every encounter”.
- He’s slightly scared of Riko, because she uses wrestling moves on him when she’s angry.
- His teammates enjoy making Super Saiyan jokes about his bedhead.
- He’s a member of the school’s Library Committee.
- He can do sleight-of-hand magic tricks, and despite claiming he has no sense of humor, he can be one of the silliest characters - especially in the manga.
- He likes small animals and gentle people.
wow that describes no one you know, Kuroko.
- If he had an alternate job, he would be a kindergarten teacher.
- The latest chapters list his position on the team as a question mark, for reasons that have yet to be revealed.
- We haven’t seen him get mad yet. As if I needed more of a reason to be excited for Season 2.
- Born August 2nd (Leo), blood-type A. Ranked 3rd in first character poll, 4th in second.
- His test scores are so awful there’s an entire chapter dedicated to them (37). His best subject is English, but even though he’s fluent in it, he still fails that exam.
Like, on what date are you my favorite pairing reasons.
- 4: Seijuro Akashi
- 5: Atsushi Murasakibara
- 6: Daiki Aomine
- 7: Shintarou Midorima
- 8: Ryouta Kise
- 15: Tetsuya Kuroko
- 4: Junpei Hyuuga
- 5: Shun Izuki
- 6: Shinji Koganei
- 7: Teppei Kiyoshi
- 8: Rinnosuke Mitobe
- 9: Satoshi Tsuchida
- 10: Taiga Kagami
- 11: Tetsuya Kuroko
- 12: Kouki Furihata
- 13: Hiroshi Fukuda
- 15: Kouichi Kawahara
- 16: Nigou (aw yes motherfuckers, 10/16 is coming)